Background Checks & Reporting
Required background checks, training and self-reporting required as part of your progression:
Upon completion of your teacher education admission application:
- SING Background Check (now available for completion and payment online)
- FBI Background Check
- Criminal Misconduct Policy
You should carry your background check certificates with you during field experiences.
As you progress:
- High Risk Behaviors and Substance Abuse Training
- Self-Reporting of Alleged Criminal Misconduct
- Universal Precautions (OSHA) training course and Mandatory Reporter of Child Abuse and Dependent Adult Abuse (optional, no longer required for graduation and will no longer be posted to the certificate viewer screen)
Please contact the CATS Office with any questions related to these trainings at 319-273-2265 or email email@example.com.