Here to guide and support
Ready to apply to UNI? Or enrolled and figuring out your plan of study? You’ll find a combination of professional and faculty advisors ready to answer questions and provide the guidance you need.
- College of Education majors can turn to the professional advisors within the College of Education Advising & Teacher Education Success (CATS) Office.
- Secondary teaching majors work with college-based faculty and staff advisors for general advising assistance related to your core academic emphasis.
Role of Your Advisor
Whether working with a professional or faculty advisor, each shares the goal of providing comprehensive support and guidance throughout your journey in UNI Teacher Education. You can expect your assigned advisor to help you:
- create a long-term academic plan
- talk through career options
- declare a major or minor
- plan your semester schedule
- track progress toward your degree
- connect with campus resources
- achieve your educational goals
If you are an early childhood, elementary education or middle level education dual major, you will work with the advisors in the College of Education Advising and Teacher Education Success (CATS) Office.
If you are a secondary education major (including middle level science education dual major), you will work with faculty advisors in the college that supports your teaching major, including:
- College of Business
- College of Humanities, Arts & Sciences
- College of Social & Behavioral Sciences
If you are a transfer student, you will connect with advisors in one of the four colleges associated with your teaching major.