In order to be fully admitted to the UNI Teacher Education Program, all students must meet the following requirements:
- Declare a teaching major at UNI
- Apply to the Teacher Education Program--click here to download the application.
- Send your completed application to email@example.com
- Coursework: Successfully complete:
- College Writing and Research (ENGLISH 1005) or equivalent with a C- or better;
- Oral Communications (COMM 1000) or equivalent with a C- or better;
- Liberal Arts Core Category 1C (Quantitative Techniques & Understanding) with a grade of a C- or better;
- TEACH 2017 or equivalent
- GPA: Achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Praxis Core: No longer required as of July 1, 2020
Admission to the UNI Teacher Education Program happens on a continuous basis. For those wanting to take Level II in the spring semester we recommended you have your application to the office by September 30. For those wanting to take Level II in the summer or fall semester we recommended you have your application to the office by February 28 to hit your registration time. Transfer students will be admitted throughout the year and helped with registration for Level II when they arrive on campus.
Once you are admitted, join us for UNI Teacher Education Induction Convocation. More information on this ceremony can be found here.
Students can monitor their admission and progress throughout the program using the UNI Teacher Education Data (UNITED) system.
Students are strongly encouraged to submit their Application to the Teacher Education Program as soon as possible upon entry to the university.
Students cannot enroll in or take most teacher education courses (including Level II courses) until they have achieved full admission to the Teacher Education Program. Students who do not act promptly to complete all the admission requirements may find their programs delayed.